In the Wilderness

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.


All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling.

Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.

Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.

I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
 
I see when men love women. They give them but a little of their lives. But women when they love give everything.

If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.